Shanker Dev Campus (SDC) was founded in 1951 as Nepal National College which was housed temporarily at Durbar High School and then at Tri-Chandra College in Kathmandu.
The name of the college was changed in 1973 to Shanker Dev Campus following the government policy of amalgamating it into Tribhuvan University and recognizing Prof. Shanker Dev Pant's contributions, motivated primarily by his missionary zeal, towards purchasing a site and erecting a building for the college.
Location and Facilities
The buildings of SDC are centrally located along a very busy side road, between the river Tukucha and Putalisadak in Kathmandu metropolis.
The Campus planning has been annually followed since 1973 and several wings had been added to the original structure on separate occasions.
All buildings in use at the present time provide ample space for educational, administrative and financial divisions, a teachers' room, academic departments, a library, a computer lab, a multi-purpose hall, classrooms, a student union, etc. It also contains a fountain, a basketball and a volley ball court, and a separate restroom for students.
SDC is a constituent Campus of Tribhuvan University which is fully accredited for its bachelor's and master's degree programmes in business studies.
Characterized by its pioneering days in the field of management professional expertise, quality education and discipline, SDC has become an outstanding Campus for business studies in the country today.
Not surprisingly, the MBS students who graduate from SDC make about 25% of the total number of MBS students in Nepal.
As a mecca for excellent business studies, SDC enrollments are rising each year far beyond its capacity.
SDC is fully committed to providing high quality education in a favourable environment, developing professional skills and enhancing lifetime quest for acquisition of knowledge and ideas.