|Course Title||Master of Arts in Rural Development (MA Rural Development)|
|Affiliated to||Tribhuvan University|
|Faculty||Humanities, Languages, Religious Studies and Library Science|
Social Science and Development Studies
The MA program is a two-year, full-time degree course with a mission to develop skilled human resources for the developmental needs of Nepal by imparting updated knowledge of the theories and methods of Rural Development supplemented by training and field-work.
Nepal's four-fifth of its population dwell in the rural areas. Agriculture is the mainstay of the national economy and it is also the largest sector that provides some forms of employment to the rural population. Thus, development of the nation is directly proportionate to the development of the rural areas.
Rural Development equips students with the theoretical and empirical knowledge of rural development, prepares them to shoulder this challenge by making them understanding specific socio-political-economic situation and current needs of the country.
The objective of M.A Rural Development syllabus is to enable the students to the work as competent rural development cadres and to meet the demand for higher-level rural developers in government and non-government sectors with in and outside the country.
The syllabus specifically aims to:
- Equip the students with required conceptual knowledge of rural development.
- Make the students able to serve the current needs of rural society.
- Enable them to translate theoretical knowledge into actual practice in analyzing the specific issues related to rural socio-political and economic aspects.
- Develop research capabilities in students.
- Enable students to convince users to select and apply appropriate technology suitable for particular areas.