|Course Title||Bachelor in Pharmacy (B. Pharm)|
|Affiliated to||Kathmandu University|
|Faculty||Pharmacy & Nursing|
Department of Pharmacy at Kathmandu University was established in 1994, first of its kind in Nepal, in response to acute shortage of graduate pharmacists in the national health care systems in the country with a mission to cater and supply steady stream of highly competent pharmacy graduates required for the country and to contribute knowledge in pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences. In order to achieve the mission the programs and activities of the Department of Pharmacy are designed to achieve the following objectives:
- Provide educational facilities to students for careers in pharmacy profession.
- Study and strengthen the existing pharmacy practices in the private and public sector organizations through continuing education and training programs.
- Assist pharmaceutical and related organizations in solving their problems by providing consultancy services.
Contribute to pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences literature relevant to Nepal through research and publications.
Subsequently Department of Pharmacy also commenced its postgraduate education in Pharmacy (MPharm) in two specializations, Pharmaceutical Care and Industrial Pharmacy in 2000 to cater more specialized human resource in the field of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences in Nepal . From 2004, it started Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). At present this is the only department that has post graduation and PhD education in Pharmacy in Nepal.
After obtaining the BPharm degree, the graduates will be eligible for rewarding employment in the following situations:
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Drug Dispensing Establishment
- Governmental Drug Administrations
- Drug Research Laboratory
- Health Research Council