|Course Title||Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)|
|Cost Range(NRs.)||390000 to 550000|
|Affiliated to||Kathmandu University|
|Faculty||Management, Accounting, Administration & Business Studies|
The BBA program of Kathmandu University is a four-year, 120 credit hours comprehensive bachelor degree program. It aims to prepare students to become competent, skilled, confident and socially responsive professionals who can effectively support managerial, entrepreneurial and leadership roles in business and social organizations in todays competitive environment.
Significance of KU BBA programme
Since 1993, Kathmandu University has promoted academic programs leading to the much acclaimed MBA qualifications, and in the subsequent years following 1997 granted affiliation to three renowned colleges to run BBA programs. The need for internationally recognized and accredited qualifications has continued to grow rapidly, as increasing number of students are actively seeking for admission in renowned Universities/Colleges located overseas in order to pursue higher studies, or embark on a quest for better career prospects abroad. With the objective of meeting the more specific demands of such students, Nepal College of Management in affiliation with the Kathmandu University, has committed itself to deliver the internationally transferable BBA qualifications.
To accomplish its main objective, the BBA program aims to achieve the following specific objectives:
- To provide students with a better and broader perspective of the world, society, business and life by combining the study of social sciences and humanities with the study of business and management.
- To develop a habit of critical and creative thinking in students.
- To develop analytical and problem solving abilities in students.
- To improve communicative and presentation skills of students.
- To familiarize students with contemporary concepts, tools and techniques of management.
- To deepen the knowledge and sharpen the expertise of students in a given functional area .
- To offer a number of elective courses so that students can match their personal interests with the demand of employment market.
- To prepare students as sensible and responsive citizens with a high degree of professional, social and ethical values.
- To prepare students for higher studies (Masters level programs) in the areas of management, information systems, economics and likes.
- It continues with the key thrust of the previous BBA program.
- It is a four-year, 120 credit hours bachelor degree program.
- It helps students develop a better and wider perspective of the world, society, business and life by combining the study of social sciences and humanities with the study of business and management.
- It emphasizes the importance of concentration/specialization on functional areas (about 10% of total coursework) to enable BBA graduates face effectively and efficiently the complexities of a particular functional area.
- It offers a wide range of concentration and elective courses to match students individual interests with the demand of employment market. With proper academic and course planning, students can take advantages of specialization on two functional areas of management within the same time period.
- It provides students with an opportunity for learning, gaining exposure and networking through its Internship program.
- It provides students with an opportunity to make a Directed in-depth study in the areas/subjects of their choice.
After successful completion of the four-year program, a BBA graduate is expected to be one of the followings:
- a suitable candidate with a sound academic background, competence, confidence, skills, attitude and motivation for further study in the area of management, information systems, economics and other similar programs.
- be entrepreneurs, who can start-up a business and manage it in todays competitive business environment.
- a professional who will be able to successfully work at an entry level in corporate houses and other social organizations with required knowledge, competence, confidence, skills, and responsibility. Specifically, a BBA graduate will be equipped with:
- knowledge and understanding of contemporary concepts, tools and techniques of management.
- knowledge of the broader environment in which she/he lives and works, and the very dynamic interactions between the individual, organization, and the world.
- critical and creative thinking and sound analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- inter-personal and team-building skills essential for personal, professional and social life.
- sound, relevant and latest IT skills which enhances individual and organizational productivity.
an appropriate mix of competence, confidence, skills, ambition, motivation, responsibility, accountability, and high standard of professional and ethical values which significantly contribute for further growth in her/his study and career.